- I WANT TO BELIEVE, two person exhibition with Elise deSomer. Sister Rosaire Gallery at Saint Mary's College (Notre Dame, IN). April 2017.
- Quest!, solo exhibition, WomanMade Gallery (Chicago, IL). July-August 2016. Curated by Jessica Freudenberg Segal.
- Screen Between, two person exhibition with Joe Meiser, South Bend Museum of Art (South Bend, IN). March-‐June 2016.
- LVLUP!, solo exhibition, Hammes Gallery, Moreau Center for the Arts at Saint Mary’s College (Notre Dame, IN). January-February 2016.
- Parallel Tales group exhibition, Zuckerman Museum of Art at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA). June-July 2015.
- Choose Your Own Adventure solo exhibition, artLab, Krasl Art Center (MI). May 1-June 21, 2015.
- Farming and LVLUP! interactive performance, Art in Odd Places festival. Sponsored and curated by Big Car Collaborative, Arts Council for Indianapolis, and the Indianapolis Museum of Art. Oct. 17-18, 2014.
- Trip the Lights Fantastic group exhibition curated by Natalie Kates. Highline Studio Gallery (NYC). May 29-June 2, 2014.
- RESPAWN: The Siege of Rush Rhees site-specific installation and solo exhibition, Art & Music Gallery, Rush Rhees Library, University of Rochester (Rochester, NY). March 2014.
- Disruptive Film: Everyday Resistance to Power, Video performance included on a 4-Disc DVD Collection of short form radical experimental documentary media from 1914-present. Curated by Sherri Milner, Ernest Larsen, and Jill Godmilow. Distributed by Facets Mulitmedia (Illinois).
- Postnatural group exhibition, ISIS Gallery at University of Notre Dame. Featuring work by Eduardo Kac, Critical Art Ensemble, Subhankar Banerjee, and others. September-October 2013.
- Uncanny Congruencies group exhibition, Palmer Museum of Art, Pennsylvania State University. Featuring work by Brian Alfred, Gerald Davis, Christa Assad, and others. September-December 2013.
- LVL_GRNDR solo exhibition, Packer Schopf Gallery (Chicago, IL). May-June 2013.
- Farming + Leveling Up performance, Moreau Art Galleries at Saint Mary's College (Notre Dame, IN). February 6, 2013.
- The Almost Metal Collective group exhibition at A+D Gallery, Columbia College (Chicago, IL). January-February 2013.
- Farming + Leveling Up performance, A+D Gallery at Columbia College (Chicago, IL). January 31, 2013.
- End Tymes Festival screening, Secret Project Robot Gallery (Brooklyn, NY). May 17-20, 2012
- Mystery Science two-person exhibition with Edie Fake, Tryk Tryk Tryk Gallery, (Copenhagen, Denmark). May-June 2011.
- Ah, Wilderness group exhibition, Ebersmoore Gallery (Chicago, IL). November-January 2011.
- Two Minute Film Fest screening, Carnegie Museum of Art, (Pittsburgh, PA). July 15, 2010.
- Video Dada screening, University of California (Irvine, CA), January 8-February 6, 2010. Curated by Martha Gever.
- X group exhibition, Mixed Greens Gallery (NYC, NY). July-August 2009.
- The girl who stopped being human solo exhibition, ebersmoore gallery (Chicago, IL). June-July, 2009.
- Extremely Shorts screening, Aurora Picture Show (Houston, TX). June 2009. Juried by Bill Arning, Director Museum of Contemporary Art, Houston.
- 17 Days screening, International Video Program, CEPA Gallery (Buffalo, NY). February 7-May 30, 2009. Curated by Adriane Little.
- My Tomorrowland is an Empty Space sabbatical exhibition, Hammes Gallery, Saint Mary's College (Notre Dame, IN). January-February 2009.
- 17 Days screening, Richmond Center for the Arts, Gwen Frostic School of Art, Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo, MI). Curated by Adriane Little, Fall 2008.
- Paper City group exhibition, Mixed Greens Gallery (NYC, NY). July-September, 2008.
- PushPlay screening, ArtSpace, College Art Association Conference (Dallas,TX). Curated by Mary Magsamen, Stephan Hillerbrand, and Andrea Glover (Aurora Picture Show/Theater). February 2008.
- Dreaming a New Real screening, Cultural Center (Troy NY). January 2008.
- Flatland group exhibition featuring collaborative project "IN & OZ", South Bend Museum of Art (South Bend, IN). October-January 2008.
- Video Art in the Age of the Internet screening, Project Room, Chelsea Art Museum (NYC, NY). September 2007.
- [PAM] screening SCOPEHamptons (East Hampton, NY). July 2007.
- 4th Annual Women's Caucus International Video Shorts screening, Barnard College (in association with the College Art Association Conference, NYC, NY). Juried by Sheryl Mousley, (Film/Video, Walker Art Center), February 2007.
- The Lab Show group exhibition, Packer Schopf Gallery (Chicago, IL). October-November 2006.
- PixelPops! screening, C2C Gallery (Prague, Czech Republic). September 2006.
- Signal In/On Eastern Europe group exhibition, Kika Gallery (Budapest, Hungary). June-August 2006.
- My corpse is not yet quite up to scratch solo exhibition, Vespine Gallery (Chicago, IL). July-August 2006. up to scratch
- Digital Print Exhibition group exhibition, Swarm Gallery (San Fransciso, CA). Juried by Marisa Olsen, Curator-‐at-‐large Rhizome.org, July-August 2006.
- HMC Residency group exhibition, Hungarian Mulitcultural Center, (Balontonfured, Exhibition Hungary, July 2006.
- Orgasmo net+art exhibition, www.tosoma.org. Awarded the 1st tosoma.org prize for generative animation "Quickie" March 2006.
- 00130 Gallery Video Library (Helsinki, Finland)
- Anchor Graphics Press (Chicago, IL)
- Experimental Television Center (Oswego, NY)
- Hungarian Multicultural Center, Budapest, Hungary
- Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
- South Bend Museum of Art Permanent Collection
- Private Collection of Cory and Kevin Leahy
- Private Collection of M. Lynn Detrick
- Private Collection of Bob Casey
- Private Collection of Annie Heckman
- Visiting Artist, Department of Art, University of Southern Maine (Portland, ME). April 2017.
- Visiting Artist, Department of Art University of Rochester (Rochester NY) March 2014. Lecture and gem-making workshop.
- Residency, Anchor Graphics, Columbia College (Chicago, IL). June 2010.
- Residency, The Experimental Television Center (Owego, NY) March 14-19, 2007.
- Residency, Hungarian Multicultural Center (Budapest, Hungary). December 26-January 6, 2006.
- Visiting Artist, Sculpture Department, School of Visual Art, University of Tennessee, Knoxville (Knoxville, TN). October 20-22, 2004.
- Uncanny Congruencies edited by Micaela Amato, Penn State University Press (University Park, PA). 2013.
- The Almost Metal Collective published by A+D Gallery, Columbia College (Chicago, IL). 2013.
- artXposium: artINcorporators project in West Chicago edited by Anni Holm, Irene Perez, and Meghan Borato. StepSister Press (Chicago, IL). 2008.
- New American Talent ArtHouse, Jones Center for Contemporary Art (Austin, TX) 2002.
- Biennial 21 South Bend Muesum of Art (South Bend, IN). 2001.
- TimeOut Chicago, "Krista Hoefle" by Johnathan Kinkley, Issue 227: July 2-8, 2009.
- The Bloomberg Review/Wall Street Journal, "Power Hungry Guy, Crimson Landmarks, Paper Cavemen: Chelsea Art" by Michael Killian. August 5, 2008.
- eScene Literary Journal #37, "Best of New Media Highlights" edited by Walter Cummins, 2008 (for collaborative animation project "IN & OZ").
- The South Bend Tribune, "Identity Quest" by Andrew Hughes, February 23, 2005. C4.
- Art Papers, “Nashville, TN” by Susan W. Knowles, March/April 2004 issue, pp. 44-45.
- The Nashville Scene, “In the Abstract,” by David Maddox, November 27-December 4, 2003.
- The Ann Arbor News, “Uncle Art Creates a Delightful ‘Playground’”by John Carlos Cant, August 2, 2003.
- Sculpture Magazine, "Krista Hoefle: Appearance and Desire", by Robert Razcka, January-February 2002, Vol. 21 No. 1, pp. 14 & 15.
- College Art Association Session Paper, "Playing in the Margins: Old Technology, New Ideas" by Heather Darcy. February 11, 1999.
Education & Professional Experience
- MFA Sculpture, School of Visual Arts, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA. (1998).
- BFA Furniture Design, Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA (1996).
- Associate Professor of Art Department of Art, Saint Mary's College (Notre Dame, IN). 2007-present.
- Assistant Professor of Art Department of Art, Saint Mary's College (Notre Dame, IN). 2001-2006.
- Instructor School of Visual Arts, The Pennsylvania State University, (University Park, PA) 1998-2000.
- Chair, Department of Art, Saint Mary's College (Notre Dame, IN). 2012-2015.
- Gallery Director, Moreau Art Galleries, Saint Mary's College (Notre Dame, IN). 2001-2012.
- Visiting Artist Coordinator Department of Art, Saint Mary's College (Notre Dame, IN). 2001-present. Performances and lectures by the eteam, the Guerilla Girls, Slop Art, Survival Design (Brown + Scofield), Krista Connerly, Scott Stulen, Curtis Readel and Joseph DeLappe.